August 19, 2010

Finalizing the Cookbook

          I am almost finished with my cookbook. Hallelujah! I honestly did not think it would take so much time/energy when I decided to really do this, although I am self publishing it, which does make it a whole lot easier. I am hoping to finish it in the next month (fingers crossed). When I decided to write this cookbook (which I think is going to be titled "Eating for a Healthier Life"), the goal was really just to cross something off my 'list of things I want to do in life'. It has been such a fun journey, and definitely something I will keep and enjoy forever. I did not write this for money (which is why I self published), but I do hope to sell it to friends and family for the purpose of sharing easy and healthy recipes that I have spent a lot of time creating for that purpose (of sharing). Speaking of creating, do you know how long it takes to put all the creativity together?! That has been the hardest part for me. Because I only have a limited amount of time in my day (without a baby pulling on my leg, or getting into the dog's food) to really focus on planning/prepping/cooking/cleaning, I have underestimated how long it would take to complete. I am not saying I have not enjoyed it, because I really have, and when I am all done, I REALLY will.
          All in all, it has been a lot of fun, and a lot more challenging creating recipes. It is one thing to come up with recipes as you go, but when you have to write it out, and consider how easy it is to make, the cost it takes to make it, and the variety of flavors, it has been tough. All this being said, it has taken a lot of time with the blog and cookbook, because I didn't want any repeats...Meaning I didn't want to put anything up on the blog that would be in the cookbook. So that just meant I had to double my picture taking and recipe writing...So please bear with me as I finish this up. I will try my hardest not to get behind on the blog, and finish this thing up! I am so excited! Here are a few pictures of some recipes and ingredients that will be in the book! Enjoy the preview...

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to buy one!! And I am so proud of how much of yourself you have put into this blog and the cookbook!!

    I love ya so much and can't wait to have a copy or a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I didn't know you were doing a cookbook. I'm totally buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss-I am SO excited for you & can't wait to get a copy! I am just so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete