July 6, 2011

Peach and Feta Salsa



Let's just be honest here, I have been in a huge rut the past couple of months of cooking. I try my best to make dinner every night, and most nights I do (although take-out seems so tempting right now), but my creativity in the kitchen has been lacking...BIG TIME. I am mostly sorry for my husband and child who get the brunt of it, and have to eat the same boring things over and over. In my attempt to try and mix things up, while also trying to potty train and get ready for baby, I have been testing out new salsa and sauce recipes to switch up our grilled meats we eat. This recipe is SCD friendly, and really good piled right on top of grilled chicken, fish, or pork. It is super easy to make, and peaches are perfectly ripe right now! I hope you enjoy, and there should be a DIY post coming soon! 



Peach Salsa
This makes about 2 cups of salsa. You could throw in some fresh nectarines as well if you wanted to mix it up some. 

2 Peaches (make sure they are not too ripe, or they will mush)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2-3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (more or less depending on how much you want)
1 tsp chopped scallions
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl whisk vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Cut peaches in half, twist apart and remove seed. Cut each half into 1/4 inch or so bite sized pieces. Toss everything together in the bowl and serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I know it is winter, but this really looks great. Beautiful it will be in summer.

    ReplyDelete