June 1, 2011

Roasted Tomato and Brie Tartlets



Wow what a week it has been! My little sister gets married in 2 days, and wedding bells have been ringing all around this house! The past month has really been a blur, but as the day gets closer, bridal party comes into town, and clothes are being ironed, the reality of wedding day is here! I am so excited for her, and so excited to celebrate the day with everyone. The next month is pretty busy for me and Toby. We have all the wedding festivities this weekend, and then have a few days to rest (did I mention my incredible husband is doing the videography for the wedding?) before we leave for 10 days in Texas with Toby's family. I am so excited, and that only means we will then be one month closer to the birthdate of our little boy!




 I absolutely love the summer, and all that it brings. Just to mention a few, I love BBQ's, watermelon, pooltime, summer dresses, early mornings, my sweet Emory's awesome tan lines, and the smell of baby sunscreen! I honestly could not love summer more right now! It means vacation time, and lots of fun in the sun. It also means a lot of chances to eat really bad BBQ foods. In an attempt to stick as closely to the SCD diet as we can ( I will admit there have been a few slip-ups) I made these tarts a few weeks back, and they were delicious! I am going to do something I rarely do on this blog, and as my laziness has got the best of all 30 weeks pregnant of me, I am going to just leave the link for where I used the recipe from. It was very delicious, and my only complaint was that my tart dough was just a bit more crumbly than Coco's pictures looked. Could be something I did wrong, but either way I will definitely be making them again and trying some new fill-ins! So I hope you all enjoy a beautiful summer week!



The Roasted Tomato and Brie Tartlets recipe can be found here thanks to Coco at Roostblog

No comments:

Post a Comment